See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Experienced Dump Truck Operators Bowen Basin, QLD
There client, a global leader in mining, is currently seeking the services of skilled and experienced Dump Truck Operators who will form part of and contribute to the team at an open cut mine site located close to the town of Dysart in QLD’s Bowen Basin.
The Successful Candidate:
- Will have at least two years experience operating a variety of mining machinery including CAT 789’s, CAT 793’s and CAT 777’s at a minimum
- Has experience operating mining machinery including graders/dozers/loaders and excavators (a variety of experience will be greatly advantageous to your application)
- Will be 100% committed to working safely and complying to all safety standards and ensuring a safe and environmentally healthy workplace
- Holds a current QLD Coal Board Medical
- Is legally allowed to work in Australia
- An excellent remuneration package including camp and accommodation
- The opportunity to work for THE global leader in mining
- An even time 7/7 Roster…you work hard…we will give you time to PLAY hard too!
- Please note that this is NOT an entry level role. Only experienced Operators with need apply.
For further information you should call Sally Howard @ Workpac Mackay on 0749 694 708 or 0428 910 410.
Alternatively hit APPLY NOW and upload the following:
- Your current and updated resume including at least two professional referee’s
- A copy of your driver’s license, birth certificate
- Your QLD coal board medical (that is less than 2 years old)
- Any RII’s you may have to support your application
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Dump Truck Operators Mining site Bowen Basin
Click Here to download our Expert Guide Becoming a Dump Truck Driver
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 777
The Caterpillar 777 is a 100-ton haul truck, typically used in open pit mining, manufactured by Caterpillar Inc. The first model of Caterpillar 777 was introduced in 1974. Its diesel engine is capable of putting out 870 horsepower. The 777D, introduced in 1996, was powered by a 938-horsepower diesel.
This truck is one of the entry-level haul trucks most new operators will learn on. Once competent, they will move up to the larger 785, especially when working on a coal mining site.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.