Experienced Dump Truck Operator – Coal Mining Jobs
Golding Contractors delivers a full range of open cut mining services in the coal and metalliferous mining sectors, spanning the entire mine development and operations. Golding also offers specialist mine site rehabilitation works including environmental dam construction and reclamation earthworks.
All WorkPac roles with Golding Contractors, unless otherwise stated are ongoing roles and employees are viewed as valuable and core members of the team on site. The majority of our high performing employees have been offered additional training opportunities to expand their knowledge base.
About the Role
Reporting to the production superintendent, you will operate mechanical haul trucks, minimum CAT 789. Candidates should demonstrate a good attitude, willing to work as a team and contribute to a high performing work culture.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate mobile plant equipment, consisting of minimum CAT 789 Haul Trucks.
- Work 7/7 rosters at a mine site in the Bowen Basin
- Pre-start checks
- Maintain equipment
- Operate equipment safely
- Follow company policies and procedures
Mandatory Minimum Skills/Experience
- 1 year experience operating Mechanical Dump Trucks: Min CAT 789
- Current Drivers License
- Current Coal Board Medical or willing to obtain
- Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* or equivalent or willing to obtain
- RII's [...Learn about RII's] competency and/or SSE signed skills list (strictly no more than 5 years old)
- Production oriented with a focus on achieving results for both yourself and for the company
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Your key focus is safety with a high attention to detail to abide by site procedures.
- A medical including drug and alcohol testing is required as part of the recruitment process.
- Camp and meals provided
- 7/7 Roster
- Ongoing roles
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities.
WorkPac have over 35 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia Apply for ongoing access to a wide range of temporary and permanent jobs for all skill levels.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Experienced Dump Truck Operator Mine Site Bowen Basin
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen. The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Standard 11 Mining Induction