Experienced Dump Truck Operator –
Client is delivers a full range of open cut mining services in the coal and metalliferous mining sectors. The client services several mine sites across the Bowen Basin consisting primarily of open cut mines.
The client is committed to building a diverse workforce including experience, age, disability, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation and gender.
The safety of their people and the communities in which they operate always comes first. Opportunities for up skilling and even permanency will be available to individuals who demonstrate a passion for upholding their key values.
About the Role
Reporting to the production superintendent, you will operate mobile plant equipment, consisting of CAT 793 and 797 Haul Trucks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate mobile plant equipment, consisting of CAT 793 and 797 Haul Trucks.
- Work rotating 7/7 rosters at a mine site in the Bowen Basin
- Pre-start checks
- Maintain equipment
- Operate equipment safely
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Current Drivers License
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* or equivalent
- RII's [...Learn about RII's] or SSE signed skills list as evidence (no more than 5 years old)
- Production oriented with a focus on achieving results for both yourself and for the company
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Your key focus is safety with a high attention to detail to abide by site procedures.
- A medical including drug and alcohol testing is required as part of the recruitment process.
- PERMANENT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT
- Camp and meals provided
- 7/7 Roster, rotating days and nights
- $104,000 salary PLUS superannuation
- Peak Downs based role
- BIBO Mackay or Townsville
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
If casual opportunities appeal to you APPLY now!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Experienced Dump Truck Operator Coal Mining Bowen Basin
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen. The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Standard 11 Mining Induction