See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Qualified Diesel Fitter – FIFO Weipa QLD
Dajwood is seeking experienced Diesel Fitters for a project in Weipa, to maintain heavy earth moving mining equipment. Flights from Cairns only, meals & accommodation are provided. The roster is 7:7 rotating on day and night shift doing 12.5 hr days.
- Have a Zero harm attitude and strong safety focus
- Can work cohesively in a small team environment
- Hold relevant heavy vehicle/diesel mechanic qualifications
- Have experience in the maintenance of mining earth moving equipment, good understanding of hydraulic and electrical systems
- Experience with the Caterpillar Product
- Performing scheduled maintenance and repairs on mining equipment with a focus on safe, efficient and quality work output
- Attend equipment breakdowns and can undertake a logical and systematic diagnostic approach
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of Electronic diagnostic tools and systems
- Good communication and written skills to complete reporting, hand overs and daily maintenance log entries
- Hold a current HR License
- Diesel Fitter Trade certificate
- RII / G1 – Apply Risk Management
- Willingness to complete a Drug and Alcohol test
- HR Drivers License
- Be an Australian Citizen / have rights to work in Australia / Currently living in Australia
- Living in Cairns or surrounding areas as this is FIFO from Cairns ONLY
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain
Would you like to apply for this job?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Diesel Fitters Mechanic Weipa QLD
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.