If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
CAT Diesel Fitters Mechanics Emerald
- Excellent employee benefits with career progression
- Permanent workshop and field service roles
- Rewarding career with a world renowned company
They are seeking talented and qualified Diesel Fitters to permanently join a highly sought mining equipment distributor. Due to substantial growth with secured work through to 2025, multiple site based and field service based opportunities are now available with the right candidates to commence immediately. On offer is a chance for you to build a long term career with a reputable company that provides an excellent remuneration package, high career progression, and several attractive employee benefits.
The primary focus of these roles is to repair, rebuild and overhaul a range of Caterpillar components and engines. Available are workshop based roles located in Rockhampton or Mackay, as well as field service based roles located out of Rockhampton, Mackay, or Emerald.
To be successful applicants will need the following:
- Experience on servicing, repairing and maintaining Caterpillar mining equipment e.g Excavators, Dump Trucks, Dozers, Loaders, etc.
- Competent in repairs and overhauls of diesel engines
- Extensive knowledge in engine reconditioning
- The ability to diagnose faults using Caterpillar Diagnostic Processes
- Safe and high work ethic
- Reliable with a positive attitude
- Passion for the trade and seeking a rewarding and long term career
Experience CAT Diesel Fitters Rockhampton Emerald
In return they can offer:
- A permanent job with a national and worldwide employer of choice
- Excellent Remuneration Package with support for career progression
- Employee benefits
The client will be holding interviews both in person and over the phone very soon. Do not miss this chance to be employed by a global and successful company. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity that could set you up for life!
How to APPLY?
If you are either a trade qualified Diesel Fitter or Mechanical Fitter that wishes to further your application please click ‘apply‘ and submit your resume below.
Apply for Experience CAT Diesel Fitters Rockhampton Emerald
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player