If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Excavator Operators Surface Mining production
Excavator Operators Surface Mining production Kambalda WA
Gold Fields are currently seeking Excavator Operators to join the Surface Mining Team at St Ives.
As the Excavator Operator, you will provide a quality and timely excavator operating services to load ore and waste minimizing dilution and ore loss whilst maintaining mine production targets. This role is offered on a 5 days on, 5 nights on, 5 days off roster, and would require the incumbent to be residential in Kambalda or Kalgoorlie.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Always act in a manner than seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of GFA and ensures that the Vital Behaviours are adhered to at all times.
- Operating Komatsu earth moving equipment to extract ore according to production plans and instruction
- Maintaining a high standard of housekeeping in operated equipment, workshops and wherever works are carried out to ensure a safe work environment
- Supporting the efficient operation of the mining systems and processes by providing reliable and accurate operational knowledge and practical application to minimize down time and potential loss of production
- Assisting with the achievement of budgeted maintenance targets by operating with care, providing preventative maintenance through scheduled inspections, servicing, adjustments, troubleshooting and organizing the timely repair of operated equipment.
Key factors to your success include;
- Previous experience in Surface Mining production operating excavators is essential. Experience operating PC3000 and PC2000 excavators would be highly regarded
- Previous experience with dispatch (WENCO) systems is desirable.
- Previous experience and willingness to operate mechanical drive dump trucks and ancillary equipment will be desirable.
- Holding a valid C class drivers license is essential, HR/MR license is desirable
- Completion of Year 10 secondary education
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential
Excavator Operators Surface Mining production Kambalda WA
Interested parties should submit their Curriculum Vitae to: www.goldfields.com.au
Gold Fields Australia is an equal opportunity employer. They are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from Female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates
How to APPLY
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where they challenge you to drive positive change.
Apply for Excavator Operators Surface Mining production Kambalda WA
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player