See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Coal Mining Excavator Operator
Excavator Operator Saraji Mine Coal Mining Bowen Basin
The client is a leading specialist provider of large-scale complex mining services to Australia’s major mining companies. This organisation works across several mine sites within the Bowen Basin and offer a lifestyle friendly 7/7 roster across all sites. Opportunities for up skilling and even permanency will be available to individuals possessing the right attitude towards safety, performance, attendance and peers.
About the Role
Reporting to the production superintendent, you will operate mobile plant equipment, consisting of 5600 excavators.
This role is working at Saraji Mine with HSE Mining, on a 7/7 roster, 12 hour shifts, staying at Civeo Dysart Village.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate mobile plant equipment, consisting of 5600 excavators.
- Work rotating 7/7 rosters at a mine site in the Bowen Basin
- Pre-start checks
- Maintain equipment
- Operate equipment safely
- Follow company policies and procedures
- 1 year experience operating 5600 excavators
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Production oriented with a focus on achieving results for both yourself and for the company
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Your key focus is safety with a high attention to detail to abide by site procedures.
- Camp and meals provided at Civeo Dysart Village
- 7/7 Roster, rotating days and nights
- BIBO Mackay/Rockhampton airport or DIDO commute options available
- Working with HSE Mining at Saraji Mine
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors.
They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities. WorkPac have over 35 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia. Apply for ongoing access to a wide range of temporary and permanent jobs for all skill levels.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Excavator Operator Saraji Mine Coal Mining Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.