Excavator Diesel Fitter Maintenance
Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. They offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Mongolia, Africa and Chile. There life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence at the leading edge…optimizing the mining value chain for each client.
They continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. The people are central to the success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. There culture is built on Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
Lake Vermont Mine, Dysart
About the Role
Working an even time roster you will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do. In return, they will celebrate your achievements and provide great opportunities for you to take your career to the next level.
Some of your duties will include:
- Perform the servicing, repair and maintenance of large scale mobile mining equipment as directed in accordance with Thiess servicing, lubrication and maintenance systems documentation
- Completing General Maintenance, Breakdowns, Services and Component Change outs to a high regard
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, OEM and computer based systems
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times
- Conduct required inspection to maximize equipment utilization
What skills and experience do you need?
- Trade Certificate in Diesel Fitting or relevant equivalent
- Post-trade experience working in the Mining or Heavy Earth Moving industry
- Experience in General Maintenance, Breakdowns, Component Change Outs and Servicing of Heavy Earth Moving Equipment
- Demonstrated experience with Liebherr R9800, R996, R9400 and O&K 170B heavy earth moving equipment
- 7/7 Wednesday to Tuesday, Day & Night Shift
NOTE: Did you know that your resume could automatically go into the bin if you don’t format it correctly. Recruiters these days use software to scan your resume for keywords they place in the job ad. This software tried to match up the words in the ad to the words in your resume. If there’s a mismatch – chances are your application will be ignored.
How to applyClick Apply for Excavator Diesel Fitter Maintenance QLD – Bowen Basin
This role will provide you with the opportunity to make the next step in your career. With there culture of recognition, leadership development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
Please apply online today.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.