Charge Up Operator – Underground Gold Mine
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth focused Australian gold company. They own and operate a portfolio of gold mines across Australia. At Evolution there best discoveries are found every day through the innovation displayed by there people, great teams, 100% focus on getting there people home safely and commitment to building an exceptional company. And they want you to help discover more!
- FIFO; Brisbane or Sunshine Coast.
- Travel in company time
- Accommodated in a fully equipped village.
- 8:6,7:7 lifestyle roster
Reporting to the Mine Shift Supervisor the Shotfirer is responsible for the safe and efficient use of explosives to conduct firings underground.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure safe and efficient use, storage and security of explosives.
- Ensure safe and efficient preparation and set up of blast area.
- Ensure safe and efficient operation of Explosive Charging Equipment.
- Complete assigned work and associated paperwork.
- Establish and maintain the highest possible standards of housekeeping and cleanliness in individual work areas and on the company’s property generally.
- Ensure compliance with environmental procedures and standards.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by constantly looking for opportunities to improve work safety, practices and procedures.
- Ensure good clear communication lines within team and with other sections/departments.
- Commit to maintaining health, safety and security standards and principles, both within own workplace and through the identification of potential risks throughout Evolution.
- Demonstrate behaviours aligned with the Evolution Mining values.
Are you the one:
- Minimum 4 years previous mining experience
- Conduct Secondary Firing and Management of Misfires
- Production Charge Up (Prepare to Fire)
- Development Charge Up (Prepare to Fire)
- Conduct Firing
- Magazine Access and Handle and Transport Explosives
- Misfires Awareness
- Underground Charge Vehicle Operation
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Would you like to apply?
Click the Apply Now button, or to discover more about and how you can be part of the Evolution story, go to www.evolutionmining.com.au/discover
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Experienced Charge Up Operator – Underground Gold Mine
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.