Estimator / Quantity Surveyor – Utilities Adelaide SA
Jacobs is a global provider of technical, professional and scientific services including engineering, architecture, construction, operations and project management. Their portfolio spans industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
About the opportunity
Aquenta, a Jacobs company, is a leading provider of integrated project services, with strong capabilities in the Utilities industry,and they are seeking and experienced Estimator / Quantity Surveyor based in Adelaide.
Working as part of a team you will provide support and advice on utilities projects (water and electricity) as well as a range of other projects including defense, tertiary institutions, transport, mining and heavy engineering and
Key responsibilities include:
- Estimating from first principles
- Development of Engineers Estimates to support Design deliverables
- Development of and maintaining labour norms
- Full range of Cost management / Quantity surveying through the life of a project
- Familiarity with Expert Estimator, CostX or similar quantification and estimating packages
- Quantification utilizing BIM would be advantageous but not necessary
- Maintain and update an elemental database of costs for
- Mechanical, Electrical and Hydraulic services
- Support the internal Jacobs engineering departments with procurement and cost advice
- Developing and building business relationships
The ideal candidate will have experience in principles of cost management, cost planning and estimating. This role will ideally suit a qualified Estimator/Quantity Surveyor with Mechanical and Electrical.Services Contractor experience, knowledge of the Australian market and / or exposure to UK or middle eastern market experience and who has obtained full membership or approaching full membership with the A.I.Q.S or M.R.I.C.S.
At Jacobs they value people. Having the right balance of diversity, career and lifestyle enables to consistently deliver and exceed clients’ expectations.
Working alongside industry leaders, you will have the opportunity to develop your career working on key projects in an environment which encourages collaboration, knowledge sharing and innovation. To support your professional growth, Jacobs flexible working arrangements, extended leave options and a host of social,health and well being events and initiatives will underpin commitment to you. There culture at Jacobs means it’s all about what you do, not where you are, which counts!
It’s a great time to join Jacobs. Achieve more with a global
brand. Apply online by clicking on the link below.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11Apply for Estimator Quantity Mechanical Electrical Surveyor Adelaide SA