You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
EOI Bowen Basin – Diesel Fitters, Boilermakers, Electricians, Auto Electricians
Expressions of Interests from experienced Diesel Fitters, Boilermakers, Electricians & Auto Electricians for upcoming relief and on-going Long Term work at various mine sites in the Bowen Basin
One Key Resources is a specialist provider of managed workforce services and labour hire to the mining, oil & gas and infrastructure industries. We also complement our core business with market leading value add services including skills and proficiency training and productivity improvement programs.
The successful Maintenance Personnel will have:
- 3+ years experience working in your respective role in mining
- Australian Trade Certificate
- RIIs for Working At Heights, Elevated Work Platform & Forklift
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training or BMA Induction
- Current Drivers Licence
- Willingness to undergo a D&A screening
In return, they offer:
- Very competitive hourly rates
- Weekly pay
- Multiple positions
- Take advantage of our Key Connect program. We offer our employee services program to all our employees which includes travel, financial services, and so much more! Let us do the leg work for you!
NOTE: This job for EOI Bowen Basin will possibly receive a lot of applicants. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
Would you like to apply to this job?Click for more details and Apply for the job
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.