See more jobs in the Entry-Level Mining Jobs category.
Entry Mining Jobs Sydney FIFO
Aston are searching for entry level mining candidates to join their drilling team. If you’re searching to get started in the mining sector this is definitely your chance so be sure to send them over a resume using the link at the bottom of the page!
To be considered for Entry Mining Jobs Sydney FIFO, you must:
- Be Physically fit and healthy
- Have good grip strength
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screen
- Hold a current Australian manual driver’s licence (preferable a HR)
- Hold or able to obtain a National Police Clearance
- Be able to work 12 hour shifts under ground
- Have full working rights for Australia
As a trainee offsider, you will support an experienced driller. Duties will include:
- Acting on the instructions from the driller
- Pulling rods: loading and unloading drill rods out of feed mechanism in the drill rig
- Performing pre-starts on all equipment including PPE
- Cleaning and loading the core
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times
- Maintaining the drill rig
- Digging drains
- Relocating drill rig
- Full training to join the underground mining sector
- 2:1 roster (most common roster, this may vary)
- Career pathways to become a qualified driller
- Permanent employment after 6 months for the right person
About the Company:
Aston is recruiting for some of Australia’s largest mineral drilling contractors, providing high quality, high value, underground and surface drilling services globally. Their clients are market leaders in the development of innovative rig designs and drilling practices that deliver improved productivity, value, safety and versatility. They are seeking a number of Driller’s Offsiders to join the team and help continue their success.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.