Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide.This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Entry-Level Mining Jobs category.
Entry-Level Production Mining Jobs WA
Refinery Production Operator Jobs (No-experience required)
Alcoa are searching for Refinery Production Operators for mining work in Western Australia. This mining jobs is entry-level and requires no previous mining experience, so if you’re searching to get a start in the mining industry here’s your chance!
What you get in return:
- A fantastic work/life balance either on a 9-day fortnight (9DFN) or a 12hr shift roster
- Being well remunerated
- Based locally and returning home every day so you can enjoy those special family occasions
- Working outdoors in a physical and rewarding role
- Opportunity to build your skills and knowledge allowing you to expand your career
- Variety – no two days will ever be the same and you will never stop learning
- Working in a close, diverse team environment where you are supported and encouraged
What this entry-level job requires of you:
If this appeals to you but the job is unfamiliar, here are a few of the duties and the expectations of a Refinery Production Operator day to day:
- Your day starts with a toolbox meeting where you discuss safety, priorities for the day and your work tasks are allocated.
- Every day you will work with your crew to be accountable for the safe and efficient day-to-day operation of your area and the equipment within it.
- You may collect process samples for the lab to analyse
- You undertake area inspections to ensure there are no safety hazards in the area, and the equipment is running efficiently
- Perform routines which may include manually lubricating, opening and closing valves with a sledgehammer
- Cleaning up areas with a high-pressure hose
- Buddy up and train other new starters as you become familiar with the process
More about these entry-level production mining jobs:
Throughout all these tasks you will be supported and mentored on the job by experienced operators as you learn the ropes. There is room to grow and take on extra responsibilities as your skills and knowledge develop; their crew members are safety reps, assessors, fire crew to name a few.
For the right candidate, flexible or job-share work arrangements would be considered for this role. Please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
As a nationally recognised employer of choice for gender equity and advocate for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex inclusion, Alcoa encourages applications from women, people of diverse backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences.
In accordance with their current WA Operations AWU Enterprise Agreement their starting salary on a 9DFN in these opportunities is $69,804 plus 14% super working a 36-hour week Monday – Friday. Shift allowances are applicable in addition to this if you are on a 12-hour roster.
To be successful in this role and to play a part in their ongoing success you will have:
- A can-do attitude with the willingness to give everything a go
- A positive, motivated approach to your work
- Strong commitment to safety
- A strong team focus where you support and encourage your crew
- Confidence to ask questions to expand your skills and knowledge
- Willingness to listen and learn
- Resilience and perseverance
- Excellent attention to detail
- Problem solving ability and good initiative
In addition to this, it is desirable but not essential for you to have:
- Certificate of lower Secondary Education
- A good grasp of computer systems in a work environment
- Previous exposure working in a blue-collar environment, working to routine schedules
About where you will work:
Pinjarra Alumina Refinery is located 90 kilometres south of Perth, a 30-minute drive from the coastal city of Mandurah and six kilometres, or a 10 minute drive, east of the regional town of Pinjarra. It is situated in the Peel region of Western Australia, within the Shire of Murray and is a major regional employer with approximately 1000 employees.
Kwinana Alumina Refinery is located 40 kilometres south of Perth in the Kwinana Industrial Area. It is a major employer in the area with approximately 870 employees. An estimated 48 per cent of employees live in the neighbouring communities of Kwinana, Cockburn and Rockingham.
Wagerup Alumina Refinery is located on the border of Western Australia’s Peel and South West regions, 130 kilometres south of Perth, four kilometres north of Yarloop and 13 kilometres south of Waroona. Wagerup refinery employs approximately 620 people and of those, around 30 per cent live in the local shires of Waroona and Harvey.
About the Company:
- Alcoa employs approximately 4,250 people in Western Australia and Victoria; most of their employees live regionally and their head office is in the Perth suburb of Booragoon.
- Alcoa has been named an employer of choice for 17 consecutive years by the Federal Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
- Alcoa is an active and supportive partner in the community. The company sponsors ideas and opportunities important to local people such as addressing mental health, inspiring youth, promoting environmental education and highlighting health and safety.
- Alcoa has been contributing economically and socially in Western Australia and Victoria for more than 56 years. More than 65 per cent of Alcoa’s Australian annual revenue stays in Australia through wages, local purchasing, taxes, royalties, capital investment and dividends to Australian shareholders.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.