See more jobs in the Entry-Level Mining Jobs category.
Entry-Level Mining Driller Jobs Perth
Full-Time No-experience Mining Jobs, FIFO Perth
Barminco are searching to hire entry-level mining workers for drilling jobs in Perth. If you’ve no experience in mining and would love to get a foot in the door, be sure to send over a resume!
If you want help making your resume stand out from the rest, check out our Resume Tips eBook!
This entry level position requires you to provide unwavering support to the diamond driller in all aspects in the day to day operation of the drill rig. Upon commencing you will be enrolled in a Cert ll in Drilling Operations and provided with industry leading training to encourage and enable your future development into a drillers role. The roster will be 2 weeks on and 1 week off fly in fly out from Perth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handling inner tubes to retrieve core and empty into core trays;
- Repetitive heavy lifting of >20kgs;
- Housekeeping of all equipment ensuring it is of the highest of standards with cleanliness to all work spaces a priority; including washing the LV at end of shift
- Identify and rectify potential hazards and communicate immediately to the driller or supervisor.
- Current Australian manual driver’s licence;
- National Police Clearance (within 3 months of issue);
- Clear ability to speak, read, write in fluent English;
- A proactive attitude toward safety and hazard identification;
- Ability to perform shift work and be away from home for two weeks at a time;
- Mechanically minded and excellent problem-solving skills;
- Ability to complete a pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol screen;
- A positive work ethic in line with Barminco’s vision and values.
- Availability to attend the assessment centre for our selection process.
- Working at Heights Certificate;
- First Aid Certificate
- Previous experience in labour intensive, physical role;
- Previous experience assisting exploration drilling operations