If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Entry-Level Mining Jobs category.
Entry-level Mine Jobs Perth
Itch are searching to hire entry-level driller offsiders for work in Perth. This mining position required no prior work experience so be sure to send over a resume ASAP if you’re keen to make a start in the mining industry.
- Make $34.50ph and get paid to learn before you go to site
- FIFO 2:1, 2:2 & 4:2 – RIO/FMG & BHP Sites
- Earn $350 a day to learn the job before you get on the rig
Also, you must have an HR licence, be a resident of WA and have 12 months of recent hard labour experience to be considered. If not, you will get a rejection letter from us and no one likes being on the receiving end of bad news (and they don’t like to be the giver of bad new either).. so let’s just avoid the awkwardness of it all and don’t read any further if you don’t have all three of those things right now.
Details about Entry-level Mine Jobs Perth:
Let’s cut the bull for a second, Itch are the leading recruitment suppliers to the Drilling industry in Australia, which is why only 3 out of every 100 applicants make it through our tough processes. Our processes are tough and deliberate as they only work with top tier drilling contractors on a permanent basis. These are not long term casual jobs which is why our clients will match your level of effort and commitment!
These positions come with full pay for ten days training which will give you the experience to feel comfortable when you you start working with the rig. You are training with our client which means:
1) You are learning on the equipment you will be working on
2) You will be learning with the people you are working with
3) You will get the hands on experience that you will never get from a classroom!
They need Driller’s Offsiders/Labourers, to work 2:1, 2:2 & 4:2 swings, starting as soon as you’re through testing and induction.
Our client is a stable and respected player in the drilling game who only work with the big names in WA mining. Working on mine sites for Rio/BHP and FMG sites in WA, means excellent site amenities and a priority on searching out for the safety and well-being of their staff.
They want all of their drillers to be qualified, and they will absolutely pay to get you there. As soon as you pass your 3 or 4 month (contract) probation with Itch, you will go permanent and get started on your Cert II and Cert III in Drilling – which makes you a more valuable employee, and opens up doors for you to work as a Driller all over the world.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
First things first, it is absolutely key that you are in a labour intensive position at the moment as these jobs aren’t for the faint-hearted! You will be lifting 30kg drill rods non-stop all day. They need to know your body is already used to this type of work to lower your risk of injuring yourself.
Types of roles that aren’t considered “labour intensive” include and are not limited to:
- Jobs where you sit on your a** all day
- Supervisors who only supervise
- Office work but you go to the gym everyday for 2 hours
- Recruitment Consultants
They need driven and enthusiastic people to join the team, starting immediately! You will also need the following to even be considered (if you don’t have them, unfortunately we just can’t help you):
- An HR licence
- A National Police Clearance (Or know you will pass one without any nasty surprises for us)
- The ability to pass a pre-employment medical (including fitness testing) and pass an alcohol and drug test
- You must be a resident of WA – this is not negotiable (for insurance reasons).
- 12 months recent experience in a hard labour role (we know we have said that 4 times already)
- Can you pass our fitness test? We will find out in the interview in our fitness room!!!