If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Entry-Level Mining Jobs category.
Entry-level Dump Truck Jobs WA
Beginner Mining Positions (No experience required)
CoreStaff are searching for expressions of Interest for Entry level Dump Truck Operators for potential positions at various Mine Sites around Kalgoorlie.
This is an entry-level mining positions for those wanting to get a foot in the door. If this is you be sure to send over a resume ASAP!
If you need help creating a mining resume that will STAND OUT – check out our mining resume eBook.
- GOLDFIELDS RESIDENTIAL POSITION – NO FIFO
- Great Pay Rates
- Even Time Rosters
About Entry-level Dump Truck Jobs WA:
- Be able to work in a physically demanding environment and varying climates.
- Previous experience working on a mine site, operating smaller machinery or from a farming background – highly desirable
- Unencumbered WA ‘HR’ Drivers Licence –essential.
- Be able to pass all site access requirements including; National Police Clearance (less than 12 months old), Pre-Employment Medical and Drug and Alcohol testing.
- Must have a strong commitment to safety.
- Strong safety focus and work ethic
- Must reside locally within the Goldfields region, or willing to relocate, FIFO is not an Option
Apply here: Entry-level Dump Truck Jobs WA
About the company offering this entry-level mining role:
CoreStaff is a leader in workplace diversity and we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians for all roles, females for non-traditional female roles, and applicants with disabilities to apply for all of our jobs.
To become a part of the CoreStaff Crew today, please click the ‘Apply Now’ link to submit your application and contact the Kalgoorlie Branch on 6000 0900 to discuss further.
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player