See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Entry Level Diesel Fitter Job
- Entry Level Diesel Fitter
- Leading Mining Contractor
- 7/7 Roster + Camp & Meals Supplied
Stellar Recruitment is partnered with a leading specialist mining company that have a number of contracts across the Queensland Bowen Basin. They are currently seeking applicants with a mechanical background for Entry Level Diesel Fitter positions and are eager to enter the mining industry.
About the Role:
Within this role you will be required to undertake the maintenance activities covering services, breakdowns and fault finding across a fleet of heavy earthmoving equipment.
- Mobile plant maintenance and repairs – trucks, dozers, graders, loaders and excavators
- Maintain high levels of equipment availability
- Work as a team player to help diagnose equipment faults
- Adhere to all site safety protocols and SOP’s
- Promote an enjoyable, safe and productive work environment
Skills & Experience:
- Trade Certificate – Mechanical
- CAT experience desirable
- Australian drivers license
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training and Coal board medical preferable however not essential
- Hydraulic experience
- Commitment to safety and team work
- Great work ethic and attitude
- Career development opportunities
- Stable contract
- Temp to Perm opportunities
- Even time roster
- Camp accommodation & meals supplied
Please note: only suitable applicants will be contacted regarding this role.
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Would you like to apply?
When applying please be sure to include with your cv your Drivers license and all relevant certificates and High Risk tickets.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Entry Level Diesel Fitter Heavy Earthmoving Maintenance QLD
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.