If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Maintenance Electrician West – Melbourne VIC
Emerald Grain Maintenance Electrician West Melbourne
Emerald Grain has an exciting opportunity for right person to join there team at Melbourne Port Terminal in West Melbourne in a full time Maintenance Electrician position.
Reporting to the Asset & Maintenance Manager, the role is responsible for the electrical maintenance of Emerald Grain’s new and existing assets and equipment including Melbourne Port Terminal at West Melbourne and at country storage sites in Victoria and NSW. The work is varied and there will be the opportunity to provide input and feedback on the maintenance plan.
The successful candidate must be prepared to travel as well as occasionally work away from home for one to two weeks at a time during busy periods.
You will be responsible for:
- Undertaking planned and preventative electrical maintenance works with some minor capital works
- Analyzing, diagnosing and repairing faults in critical plant and equipment
- Inspecting all Electrical systems and equipment to identify hazards and defects to ensure compliance with Australian Standards
- Working safely in accordance with Emerald Grain’s safety principles
- Assisting in the development, maintenance and use of safety systems within the maintenance department
- Registering work orders on the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Working closely with the maintenance team and supervising peers and contractors when needed.
- Inducting and working with contractors and other external service providers
Essential skills, experience and qualifications:
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Current “A” Grade electrical license
- Extensive experience with control systems – OMRON, UNITY PRO (Schnieder), Allen Bradley PLC’s
- Previous experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) – ideally MEX
- Ability to read and understand both simple and complex electrical drawings
- Strong focus on Safety and OH&S requirements
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- The ability to self-manage and complete allocated work in a safe and efficient manner and to a high standard
- A current drivers’ license
- The ability to work effectively on your own and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desired skills, experience and qualifications:
- Experience and understanding of the Grain Industry
- An ability to work at heights and within confined spaces
- Cert IV in Electrical – Electronics and Control
- Experience with conveying and ship loading systems
What they can offer:
At Emerald Grain, the people are the heart of everything they do. They are committed to enhancing high performing teams by developing a skilled workforce and encouraging diversity of thought, background and experience.
They offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and responsive work practices. The right candidate will be offered competitive rates and benefits, a company car, a mobile phone and iPad.
About Emerald Grain:
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
It is one of the major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria. Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to more than 35 countries worldwide predominantly across destinations such as Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific.
To find out more about, visit www.emeraldgrain.com
To apply for the position:
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Emerald Grain team, please click ‘APPLY NOW‘ to forward an up-to-date copy of your Resume and Cover Letter.
Apply for Emerald Grain Maintenance Electrician West Melbourne
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.