Maintenance Electrician West – Melbourne VIC
Emerald Grain Maintenance Electrician West Melbourne
Emerald Grain has an exciting opportunity for right person to join there team at Melbourne Port Terminal in West Melbourne in a full time Maintenance Electrician position.
Reporting to the Asset & Maintenance Manager, the role is responsible for the electrical maintenance of Emerald Grain’s new and existing assets and equipment including Melbourne Port Terminal at West Melbourne and at country storage sites in Victoria and NSW. The work is varied and there will be the opportunity to provide input and feedback on the maintenance plan.
The successful candidate must be prepared to travel as well as occasionally work away from home for one to two weeks at a time during busy periods.
You will be responsible for:
- Undertaking planned and preventative electrical maintenance works with some minor capital works
- Analyzing, diagnosing and repairing faults in critical plant and equipment
- Inspecting all Electrical systems and equipment to identify hazards and defects to ensure compliance with Australian Standards
- Working safely in accordance with Emerald Grain’s safety principles
- Assisting in the development, maintenance and use of safety systems within the maintenance department
- Registering work orders on the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Working closely with the maintenance team and supervising peers and contractors when needed.
- Inducting and working with contractors and other external service providers
Essential skills, experience and qualifications:
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Current “A” Grade electrical license
- Extensive experience with control systems – OMRON, UNITY PRO (Schnieder), Allen Bradley PLC’s
- Previous experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) – ideally MEX
- Ability to read and understand both simple and complex electrical drawings
- Strong focus on Safety and OH&S requirements
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- The ability to self-manage and complete allocated work in a safe and efficient manner and to a high standard
- A current drivers’ license
- The ability to work effectively on your own and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desired skills, experience and qualifications:
- Experience and understanding of the Grain Industry
- An ability to work at heights and within confined spaces
- Cert IV in Electrical – Electronics and Control
- Experience with conveying and ship loading systems
What they can offer:
At Emerald Grain, the people are the heart of everything they do. They are committed to enhancing high performing teams by developing a skilled workforce and encouraging diversity of thought, background and experience.
They offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and responsive work practices. The right candidate will be offered competitive rates and benefits, a company car, a mobile phone and iPad.
About Emerald Grain:
Emerald Grain is a leading integrated grain trading, marketing, storage and handling company committed to Australian grain growers and their communities.
It is one of the major grain storage and handling operators in South Eastern Australia with over 1.5 million tonnes of storage assets throughout New South Wales and Victoria. Emerald’s grain terminal at the Port of Melbourne ships to more than 35 countries worldwide predominantly across destinations such as Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific.
To find out more about, visit www.emeraldgrain.com
To apply for the position:
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Emerald Grain team, please click ‘APPLY NOW‘ to forward an up-to-date copy of your Resume and Cover Letter.
Apply for Emerald Grain Maintenance Electrician West Melbourne
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen or have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.