Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Electronics Technicians Maintenance – FIFO QLD
- FIFO opportunities (2 weeks on/2 weeks off)
- Work on the Jindalee Over the Horizon Radar – a key element of Australia’s key Defense surveillance asset
- We’ll support FIFO from Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth or Sydney
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of nation’s defense landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia’s security. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia’s finest defense professionals in an iconic defense environment.
They have a number of vacancies located at Northern Territory radar for qualified Electronics Technicians to work on interesting and complex surveillance systems on a fly in fly out (FIFO) basis. A number of vacancies are available for an immediate start with others planned to commence later in 2018.
JORN is a network of three remote OTHR radars located in the Northern Territory, Queensland and Western Australia. The state-of-the-art defense system provides wide area surveillance at ranges of 1000 to 3000 km, and plays a vital role in supporting the Australian Defense Force’s air and maritime operations, border protection, disaster relief and search and rescue operations.
Joining them will see you working as a member of a skilled team who provide support for the operations, maintenance and development of this unique radar. The work is interesting, technically challenging and above all, rewarding. The work there team does, contributes to the Defense of Australia.
You will make your mark by:
- Performing planned, operational and deeper level maintenance activities
- Completing fault reporting requirements
- Rectifying deficiencies and defects within systems including component level repair
- Developing innovative technical solutions
- Contributing to ongoing system engineering change
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Previous experience in the maintenance of high power RF and/or digital control systems equipment underpinned by a Certificate III in Electro-Technology
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- The eligibility to obtain a Restricted Electrical license with the Specialized Commercial/Industrial Equipment endorsement
- Proven ability in the maintenance of RF and digital control systems
- Solid experience with and sound understanding of software control systems
- A proactive and positive approach, with a willingness to learn
- High levels of flexibility including the willingness to work between various remote sites if required
As Defense security clearances are required for these roles, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.
At BAE Systems, they have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. They also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices. As a FIFO Technician, you’ll also enjoy a two week on/two week off roster, six weeks annual leave and competitive benefits.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
How to apply
If you feel you meet the above requirements, are keen to take on a new and exciting opportunity, and work for an employer that is committed to supporting your career then APPLY NOW.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Electronics Technicians Maintenance – FIFO Mining Jindalee QLD