See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Electricians Jobs Bowen Basin
Sacca Heavy Repairs are searching for Electricians for mines out in the Bowen Basin.
About the business and the role :
Opportunity to work within a reputable, progressive family owned company with the prospect of working in our field service team supporting large mining companies in the Bowen Basin.
Sacca Heavy Repairs are seeking experienced Auto Electricians for numerous site based and floating field service roles. Positions are full time with options of various rosters including even time lifestyle and 5&2 working on large hydraulic excavators and face shovels.
Electricians Jobs Bowen Basin tasks and responsibilities :
The successful applicants must be able to,
- Able to fault find from electrical schematics
- EWP and Working at heights tickets
- Current Air conditioning ticket
- Good Knowledge of Hitachi, CAT/Terex, Liebherr Large Mining Excavators
- Hard working, Correct Attitude, Reliable and able to work unsupervised.
- Commitment to safety and team work and able to supply clean D&A upon request.
Skills and experience :
- Trade certificate
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current QLD coal board medical
- Standard 11 Induction Training/ BMA core inductions
Job benefits and perks :
- Generous hourly rate and package offered
- Long Term permanent employment opportunities
- FIFO expenses negotiable for the correct applicant
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 777
The Caterpillar 777 is a 100-ton haul truck, typically used in open pit mining, manufactured by Caterpillar Inc. The first model of Caterpillar 777 was introduced in 1974. Its diesel engine is capable of putting out 870 horsepower. The 777D, introduced in 1996, was powered by a 938-horsepower diesel.
This truck is one of the entry-level haul trucks most new operators will learn on. Once competent, they will move up to the larger 785, especially when working on a coal mining site.