You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Electrician Mining Jobs Mackay
Repairs on Liebherr, Hitachi and Caterpillar Machinery.
Stellar are currently recruiting Electricians for permanent positions in the Mackay & Coalfields region.
- Permanent Auto Electrician Position
- 7/7 Roster | Salary Sacrificed Flights
- Buses from Rockhampton & Mackay + Camp and Meals
About the Role:
If successful for the position, you will be required to be an electrical specialist carrying out services and repairs on Liebherr, Hitachi and Caterpillar machinery. This role will require you to implement your diagnostic skills on an ongoing basis to ensure maximum efficiencies are met, and down time is minimised. In reward for your commitment, you will receive the opportunity to work for a large mining organisation and enjoy earning a strong mining salary and career prospects.
- General servicing, maintenance and repairs
- Fault finding and troubleshooting (reading and interpreting schematics)
- Electrical diagnostics
- Adhere to all site safety protocols and SOP’s
- Maintain high levels of equipment availability
- Desire to achieve the company goals of zero injuries
Skills & Experience:
- Trade Qualified Electrician
- Excellent PM and breakdown knowledge
- Previous experience working on mobile earthmoving machinery
- Extensive experience in open cut coal mining
- Coal Board Medical
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training or BMA Induction
- Beneficial tickets – WAH, Forklift, Dogging, EWP, Crane etc.
- Permanent position
- Annual leave & sick leave
- Buses supplied from Mackay and Rockhampton airport
- Salary sacrifice option available for cost of flights connecting with bus services
- Camp accommodation and meals provided
- $40/week tool allowance
About the Company:
Stellar have partnered with a leading specialist provider of large-scale mining services to Australia’s major mining companies. The company conducts both the prestripping and coal mining for this project, and is focused on providing a safe and efficient work environment on site. The company is passionate about their people and believe they are the heart of their organisation. They are currently seeking an experienced Auto Electrician to work permanently for the company.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website