Electrician Mining Jobs Mackay
Repairs on Liebherr, Hitachi and Caterpillar Machinery.
Stellar are currently recruiting Electricians for permanent positions in the Mackay & Coalfields region.
- Permanent Auto Electrician Position
- 7/7 Roster | Salary Sacrificed Flights
- Buses from Rockhampton & Mackay + Camp and Meals
About the Role:
If successful for the position, you will be required to be an electrical specialist carrying out services and repairs on Liebherr, Hitachi and Caterpillar machinery. This role will require you to implement your diagnostic skills on an ongoing basis to ensure maximum efficiencies are met, and down time is minimised. In reward for your commitment, you will receive the opportunity to work for a large mining organisation and enjoy earning a strong mining salary and career prospects.
- General servicing, maintenance and repairs
- Fault finding and troubleshooting (reading and interpreting schematics)
- Electrical diagnostics
- Adhere to all site safety protocols and SOP’s
- Maintain high levels of equipment availability
- Desire to achieve the company goals of zero injuries
Skills & Experience:
- Trade Qualified Electrician
- Excellent PM and breakdown knowledge
- Previous experience working on mobile earthmoving machinery
- Extensive experience in open cut coal mining
- Coal Board Medical
- Current Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* or BMA Induction
- Beneficial tickets – WAH, Forklift, Dogging, EWP, Crane etc.
- Permanent position
- Annual leave & sick leave
- Buses supplied from Mackay and Rockhampton airport
- Salary sacrifice option available for cost of flights connecting with bus services
- Camp accommodation and meals provided
- $40/week tool allowance
About the Company:
Stellar have partnered with a leading specialist provider of large-scale mining services to Australia’s major mining companies. The company conducts both the prestripping and coal mining for this project, and is focused on providing a safe and efficient work environment on site. The company is passionate about their people and believe they are the heart of their organisation. They are currently seeking an experienced Auto Electrician to work permanently for the company.
Apply Here for Electrician Mining Jobs Mackay
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a workplace health and safety package for the Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII).
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety and procedures training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
There are 6 units of study (competency) in the Standard 11. This course can not be completed online. Find out more about how you can complete the Standard 11 Mining Induction at a location close to you
You can book your course here and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.