Electrician Mining Jobs Mackay
Mastermyne are seeking experienced Underground Mining Electricians for work in the Mackay & Coalfields region.
- Aquila Underground Coal Mine
- Newly awarded long term Development & Outbye Contract
- Equal Time Roster 7 / 7 | Camp & Meals provided or Local Living Allowance
- Base salary $146K (+ Overtime + KPI Production Bonus + Retention Bonus + Super)
- Immediate start if available
What they can offer beyond your weekly salary:
- Annual leave paid as if at work
- 100% reimbursement for the cost of approved courses and study
- Paid study days for university study
- Mastermyne tailored leadership programs
- Diploma Project Management
- Certificate IV Leadership
- Deputy Qualification
- 2 Year anniversary watch + gifts for additional years of service
- “Mum’s baby bonus” – 6 weeks wages helping Mum to cover costs during maternity leave and once they return to work
- “Dad’s new-arrival leave” – 4 days paid allowing Dad’s to spend time with their newborn without needing to use accrued annual or carers’ leave
- Flu immunisations
- Business improvement and innovation rewards
- Family Christmas parties
- Employee Christmas gifts
- “Well Pay” – personal leave paid out on termination for employees on QLD and Illawarra Mining Projects
- Group Income Protection Insurance (discounted premiums for Mastermyne employees)
- Reimbursement for prescription safety glasses ($350)
- Salary Packaging
- Motor Vehicle Novated Leasing
- Employee Assistance, well-being assistance that’s free for all the family
- Emergency shelter accommodation and paid domestic violence leave
Minimum skills and experience required:
- Underground Coal experience with a focus on Development / Outbye Services;
- Current Underground Medical;
- Current Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* Statement of Attainment;
- Trade Certificate;
- QLD Electrical Licence
- LVR / CPR (within 12 months)
- EEHA: Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Areas Certificate;
- HV: High Voltage (various on sites);
- Signed copies of training transcripts and/or authorisations;
- Valid Driver’s Licence.
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a course that provides skill and knowledge required for working in surface coal mines under the QLD Mining Inspectorate Recognised Standard 11.
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
You can book your course online and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.