Electrical Trades Technician (Development) – Moranbah North
ANGLO AMERICAN’s METALLURGICAL COAL BUSINESS, MORANBAH QLD
The company exists to make a real difference for everyone whose lives they touch. They mine the materials that make modern life possible, in ways that are safer, smarter and more responsible. Anglo American has operated in Australia since 2000 and there portfolio includes thermal and metallurgical coal across five mines, both open-cut and underground.
The people are at the heart of their business. It is there people who use the latest technologies to find new resources, plan and build their mines and who mine, process and move and market their products to customers around the world.
They strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.
Seamgas Technician (E&I) – Moranbah North Mine
Reporting to the Seamgas Supervisor, the Electrical Seamgas Technician will be responsible for the operations and maintenance of gas drainage infrastructure including SIS, UIS and goal wells in line with the Moranbah North gas drainage plan and other safety, environment and statutory legislation:
As a key member of the Seamgas team, the daily duties of the Electrical Seamgas Technician will include:
- Reporting of all safety incidents in relation to Seamgas operations. Proactively demonstrating Anglo safety values and contributing to a Zero harm culture
- Operation and performance monitoring of vacuum pumps and compressor stations
- Monitoring and reporting on pipeline performance
- Recording and reporting on shift production shift production statistics, downtime and defects
- Operation and maintenance of liquid ring pumps, metering stations, drive heads, well heads, manifolds and monitoring of equipment to ensure optimal up time of well equipment.
- Maintaining appropriate housekeeping standards
- Contributing to the development and review of maintenance and operating procedures
- Participating in Risk Assessments, HAZOPs and other safety forums necessary to ensure that all hazards associated with seam gas activities have been identified
- Ensuring compliance with all AAMC people, safety, technical, operating and business systems, behaviours and culture
- Citect / Allen Bradley PLC experience is highly desirable
Key to this role will be your ability to actively contribute to the success of your team to deliver production targets and implement continuous improvement projects and your commitment to safety and Zero harm for all.
The successful candidate will hold an electrical qualification with instrumentation qualifications being highly desirable. You will ideally have experience in electrical seamgas maintenance and operations. Experience with MIMS/ Ellipse is also preferred.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11Click Apply for Electrical Trades Technician (Development) – Moranbah North