Electrical Technician – Moranbah Jobs
- Residential based in Moranbah with location allowance
- Full-time permanent shift position – Relocation package included
Incitec Pivot Limited (IPL) and its subsidiary company Dyno Nobel, is a diversified industrial chemicals company that manufactures and distributes industrial explosives, industrial chemicals and fertilizers.
They provide ground breaking solutions through practical innovation in the mining services and agriculture industry. The group comprises more than 5,000 people across the sales, commercial operations and manufacturing footprint globally, including the key mining markets in North America, Asia Pacific, South Africa and South America.
The Dyno Nobel Moranbah Plant is a fully-integrated Ammonium Nitrate complex based in Central Queensland. The facility comprises Ammonia, Nitric Acid and Ammonium Nitrate (NAAN) plants plus infrastructure, utilities, power generation and housing to support the permanent workforce.
Moranbah is nestled in the northern part of Issac Regional Shire, approximately 200 kms south-west of Mackay, mostly consisting of mining industry. Moranbah is a quiet, warm, family friendly community, with all essential shopping and facilities to meet a diverse culture.
Reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader you will be responsible for the maximization of electrical/instrument equipment and systems, to achieve minimum unscheduled equipment downtime.
You be responsible for ensuring all work complies with companies HSE policies, procedures and statutory regulations.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Execution of planned, preventative and breakdown maintenance to plant and equipment
- Install various types of electrical/instrument equipment and fixed wiring
- Fault finding and repair of complex electrical/instrument systems
- Provide support to project team for work scope of minor projects
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis for Electrical Instrument problems and failures
To be successful in this role they are looking for someone that can help drive continuous improvement through the successful implementation of BEx (Lean Manufacturing) principles as well as:
- Trade Qualification – Certificate III – Electrical/Instrumentation
- Knowledge of process instrumentation, high voltage switching, EEHA and control valves
- Sound understanding of instrument & electrical standards and codes
- Ability resolve technical queries to a high-quality standard
- Experience in a continuous processing environment preferably in the Ammonium Nitrate industry.
This pivotal role will require motivated individual with a strong desire to deliver against objectives.
You will display a desire to progress within organization, be a committed team player with a strong emphasis on safety, customer service and achieving results.
Benefits to you
- They are a team based on trust, collaboration and respect
- An above market attractive salary package is offered
- Significantly subsidized housing, allowances and incentives
- This is your opportunity to be part of a growing organization where you can have an impact on the change and future vision.
Electrical Technician Jobs Breakdown Maintenance Moranbah QLD
- At the heart of Incitec Pivot and Dyno Nobel’s culture is business excellence and we seek like-minded individuals who treat the business as their own and who strive to challenge and improve the status quo, focusing on improving productivity whilst maintaining zero harm for everyone, everywhere.
- The culture of safety is paramount and you will play an integral part in promoting Health Safety & Environment (HSE) procedures to ensure Zero Harm at all times. You will also be familiar with modern safety practices as well as have the ability to pass a pre-employment medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol screen).
- Support diversity in the workplace; women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Dyno Nobel and Incitec Pivot Limited is a proud member of the Diversity Council of Australia and Male Champions of Change, and holds a State Chair position on the National Association of Women in Operations.
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Electrical Technician Jobs Breakdown Maintenance Moranbah QLD
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.