Electrical Reliability Engineer – Mining Western Australia
They are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
There purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
There people are central to success and demonstrate determination to be a best-in-class operator. They aspire to be an inclusive organization, where workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where they operate.
GEMCO is one of the world’s largest manganese mining and concentrating operations located on Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, accounting for over 20% of the worlds’ high-grade manganese ore production. GEMCO controls and operates all aspects of mining, processing, logistics and shipping on Groote Eylandt.
Capabilities and Responsibilities
The Electrical Reliability Engineer is responsible for assisting the Fixed Plant Maintenance Reliability team in data analysis, engineering and defect elimination to improve the availability and performance of the GEMCO assets.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Completing field verification’s of high risk tasks
- Actively pursue opportunities to reduce operating costs and increase productivity through the application of policies and procedures, business systems, human and financial resources
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with all internal and external departments
- Actively supporting the Fixed Plant Reliability team in areas of safety, cost reduction and production improvement
- Conducting Root Cause Failure Analysis on equipment downtime and component failures
- High level data analytics to optimize maintenance strategies and identify production and reliability improvement opportunities
- Identifying and Implementing improvement and defect elimination projects
- Review criticality analysis to ensure plant events are documented, tracked are prioritized through risk review
- Collaborate with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and build cross-functional relationships
- Provide technical expertise to Execution to support work quality and safe execution of maintenance work.
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organization that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. There values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions.
In addition, you should possess:
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Extensive experience in mining, minerals processing or similar heavy industry environment
- Solid understanding of reliability centered maintenance and the ability to develop preventative maintenance strategies
- Excellent analytical and investigative skills focusing on fixed plant equipment
- Experience with power generation
- Experience with HV distribution systems, HV switching and risk management
- Understanding of arc flash risk and safe operation and testing of electrical plant and equipment
- Experience with PLC / SCADA control systems
- Proficiency in software such as MMS, Downtime Data Analysis, Microsoft Office, Autodesk Inventor, Conveyor Design and Apollo RCA will be highly regarded
- Electrical Trade certificate with experience in similar role considered.
You will also have the ability to:
- Actively participate in team engagement and collaboration sessions to ensure that the integration of ideas and activities can be optimized to drive sustainable value add to the organization and operations
- Compel others, including line management, to take accountability for the identification, assessment and management of business performance drivers
- Build constructive relationships with internal functions and operational teams, fostering team competency and capability development. Collaborate, energize, develop and enable people within South32 to succeed
- Ability to develop others and maintain key team competencies
- Demonstrated ability to perform work duties safely.
What does South32 offer?
- Offered as a full-time FIFO role on an 8/6 roster from either Cairns or Darwin
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Attractive salary package and FIFO allowance
They are always seeking people who share values to join the team. There people are fundamental to success. You will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. They focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
They look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
How to apply
If you wish to apply please apply via the seek apply button! Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Qualified Electrical Reliability Mining Fixed Plant Maintenance WA
NOTE: This is a sample of the types of jobs you can do when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications. Each job requires different levels of education, experience and qualifications. Wherever possible, link to the courses we offer will be provided as links. We encourage you to continue to do your own research on the online jobs boards such as SEEK, Indeed and Jora.
Standard 11 Mining Induction