Electrical Field Services Technician
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading supplier of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry, and their operations and organizations are spread around the globe. They offer you a world of opportunities and diverse businesses and cross-border networks enable you to explore your potential and thrive.
Sandvik is seeking an experienced general Electrician to work from Mackay Workshop. The role is to carry out duties from, workshop to onsite general low voltage electrical (mining), maintenance, fault diagnosis and repairs on Sandvik mobile equipment whilst maintaining availability, minimizing costs also ensuring safety and environmental guidelines are adhered to.
As the Field Service Technician, you would be responsible for:
- Carry out general low voltage electrical duties to 1000v underground equipment, maintenance, repairs and fault diagnosis work on Sandvik mobile equipment (including Surface) whilst maintaining availability and minimizing costs and ensuring safety and environmental guidelines are adhered to.
- Performing electrical maintenance duties as directed and as per maintenance plans, to a standard that maintains the integrity of the equipment and does not compromise safe operation;
- Perform fault finding and repairs, using electrical schematics
- Provide relevant feedback to enable maintenance planning improvements in terms of efficiency and equipment integrity
- Record keeping of parts usage, equipment monitoring, time records including specific site records.
To qualify for this position, you must have as a minimum, the following qualifications and experience:
- Qualifications required certificate III in Electro Technology
- Post trade experience of at least 5 years.
- Experience in remote control testing and repair
- Underground mining experience essential
- Experience with Sandvik products will be a distinct advantage.
- Strong customer service attitude as well as a drive and determination to achieve targets and goals.
- Some basic mechanical and hydraulic knowledge would be an advantage able to read schematics.
- Must hold a current National Police Clearance.
- Must have the ability to work underground.
- Must be able to work rostered shifts.
- Must have a valid QLD electrical license
- Must have a valid Driver’s license
- Flame proof equipment installation and maintenance experience will be an advantage
All candidates will be required to pass a Pre-Employment Medical & Drug and Alcohol test
How to apply
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide. To submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*.Click Apply for Electrical Field Service Technician Technical mining Job Australia