With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, they understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. They respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. They draw upon 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for clients, their employees, and the communities they serve.
Experienced Electrical Engineers
The Electrical Group is a Hatch global practice providing electrical engineering design expertise to Hatch’s metals and minerals, infrastructure and energy business units. The capability spans through the whole project life cycle comprising; scoping, conceptual design, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, basic and detailed engineering, construction, commissioning and project management.
The Electrical Engineers will be involved in a variety of engineering work including developing solutions, design, drawing mark-ups and checking, technical construction and commissioning queries, as-built detail documentation and estimating. This will include electrical systems, ranging from lighting & small power through to motor control circuits and HV distribution systems.
- Prepare Electrical design, studies, calculations and documentation
- Manage electrical projects of various sizes from small upgrades to major capital works
- Determine project scope and definition and prepare proposals for submission to clients
- Prepare EPCM and capital estimates and project schedules
- Provide key electrical input to multi-discipline project teams
- Provide construction and commissioning technical support
- Participate in formal engineering review processes
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, approximately 5 – 15 years’ experience ability to apply for CPEng and RPEQ registration.
- Demonstrated electrical design and engineering experience in mining, materials handling, minerals processing, infrastructure or heavy industry
- Design of switchboards, electrical installations and associated cabling and protection systems
- Be competent in performing electrical studies (e.g. load flow, arc fault, protection grading) including the use of power system modeling packages
- Have current knowledge of industry or regulatory standards and study criteria pertinent to electrical engineering ensuring compliance of design work with all relevant engineering standards and internal procedures
- Excellent attitude towards safety and a demonstrated ability to comply with the safety requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with our internal and external clients on a technical level with engineering, maintenance and operations staff
This is an opportunity to join an established team of professionals, to work on challenging projects and develop your career whilst support Hatch’s worldwide operations.
They are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which they operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements.
To submit your application please click the “Apply” button below
Click Apply for Electrical Engineer Brisbane Queensland, AU