Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Dump Truck Jobs category.
Dump Truck Traineeship Jobs NSW
Entry-Level Mining Dump Truck Operators Singleton 2330
Programmed Skilled Workforce Singleton are searching for people who want to get started in mining through Dump Truck Traineeships. You will gain a Certificate III – Surface Extraction Operations and the opportunity to commence a career within the mining industry.
If this is you be sure to polish up your resume and send it over ASAP!
About this entry-level mining job:
This is a 24 month, competency-based traineeship leading to a nationally recognised qualification. The roster will be an even time 12.5hr rotating day and night roster, averaging 43.75 hours per week.
To be considered for this dump truck traineeship, you must:
- Absolute commitment to the roster and completion of the traineeship
- Hold a high regard for safety by following safe working practices
- Have a can-do attitude with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Be able to work a rotating roster including nights and weekends
- Hold a current CP2 drivers licence or higher – MUST be able to confidently drive a manual vehicle
- Supply 2-3 work related referees
- Able to pass a pre-employment Coal Services Health medical and drug & alcohol test
- Available to attend required interviews throughout the recruitment process
- Be able to provide a local residential address
You will be asked to provide a RMS driving record for consideration if you are invited for an interview.
Due to a high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. Applications can be submitted via their app Programmed Go, available to download free from the app store. This is a residential role, no FIFO or camp facilities are available.
About the company:
As one of Australia’s largest employers, they work with great companies all around Australia and New Zealand to give you the best opportunities to work when and where you want to.
They are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment which values and respects diverse styles, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. They welcome and encourage women, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player