See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Dump Truck Quarry Operator Jobs
Operators are multi skilled and operate a variety of mobile and fixed plant including loaders, excavators, graders, dump trucks and crushers.
The job activities will include but not limited to hauling raw feed, loading road trucks, and feeding screening hopper with quarry material.
If you are reliable, hardworking and committed to safety, have an opportunity for you to join team at Coominya Quarry in Queensland.
They offer a very attractive hourly wage, and friendly team environment.
- Ensure safety, health and environment standards are maintained
- Operation of FEL and articulated dump trucks
- Undertake housekeeping, basic maintenance and general labour duties
- Reporting of incidents/hazards to the supervisor
What you will need to succeed
- Current driver’s license and own reliable transport
- Demonstrated experience in operating mobile plant and/or heavy equipment
- Strong work history with excavator operation
- FEL operator ticket (preferred)
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Moxy operator experience (preferred)
Hy-Tec is a leading quality assured supplier of concrete and aggregates to the commercial, industrial, civil and residential construction sectors.
Quarries and concrete plants service southeast Queensland, Sydney and Melbourne metropolitan markets and northern New South Wales. They have strategic aggregate reserves west of Sydney, in northern New South Wales and Queensland.
Hy-Tec is a subsidiary of Adelaide Brighton Limited, a leading Australian construction materials company with operations that comprise cement and lime, concrete and aggregates and concrete products and employs 1,500 people nationally.
If casual opportunities appeal to you APPLY now!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Dump Truck Quarry Operator Mobile Fixed Plant QLD
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about pays, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player