See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Dump Truck Operators – Full time
Mineral Resources (MRL) is a leading West Australian diversified mining, contracting, processing and commodities production company. Since its foundation in 1993, the company has grown through strategic business development, consolidation and acquisition. They are now an ASX 200 listed company with over 1300 employees. MRL has a portfolio of market leading brands, including, Crushing Services International (CSI), Process Minerals International (PMI), PIHA, Mineral Services, Polaris Metals and MESA Minerals.
Great opportunity for Dump Truck Operators to join their team on a full time basis.
What’s in it for you?
- Work directly for the mine owner
- Opportunity to work on Lithium project
- Stability in an ongoing permanent fulltime position
- Diverse and hands on work environment
- Small crews allow you opportunity to diversify machine exposure
- Prospect of future career development and qualification up-skilling
- FIFO from Perth, working 2:1 roster
Key requirements and responsibilities:
- Minimum 12 months experience in an open pit environment on CAT 785 or similar sized models within mining
- Nationally accredited statement of attainment for haul truck operations
- Current Australian HR License (Essential)
- Experience and tickets with other ancillary equipment would be highly desirable
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Safety focus with a high attention to detail to abide by site safety processes
- Versatile and to operate other mobile plant and assist in other areas of mining when required by your supervisor
MRL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply for positions
Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
This job for Dump Truck Operators will possibly receive a lot of applicants. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
If you believe you would be well suited to the position please APPLY NOW by link below
Click Apply for Dump Truck Operators Full Time basis Pilbara
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much can a dump truck production operator earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$33.75 based on 24 salaries. You can see how this differs from the Indeed overview of $41.98.<.p>
A recently new Dump Truck Operator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total pay of AU$30.65 based on 73 salaries. A mid-experienced Dump Truck Driver with 5-9 years of proven operational work, can earn about AU$27.73 based on 34 salaries. An experienced Dump Truck Driver with 10-19+ years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$25.72 based on 14 salaries.
With so many different and conflicting reports, it's difficult to know what the pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin are of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get higher than average wages in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player