See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Dump Truck Operators – Mining Pilbara WA
Dump Truck Operators Downer EDI Mining Pilbara WA
Downer EDI Mining continues to strive forward on the $500 million mining services contract for the Roy Hill Iron Ore Project. The contract is for the provision of supplementary mining services to the Roy Hill Iron Ore mine for a period of four and a half years which includes the following:
- Drill & Blast
- Load & Haul of Overburden and Ore
Downer EDI Mining commenced infrastructure construction in early 2014, and is now moving forward into full-scale mining.
Reporting to the Production Superintendent, as a key member of a high performing team you will play an integral role in implementing the client’s project requirements. You will perform safe and effective production outcomes and continuous improvement principles pertaining to surface excavation, whilst operating mobile plant equipment.
They are currently seeking experienced Production Operators at the Roy Hill Iron Ore project located in the East Pilbara Region of WA to operate Komatsu 830e & 930e and MT4400 Trucks.
This is a Fly in Fly out role ex Perth, with a highly appealing 2/1 roster offering a healthy work/life balance and includes excellent on site living facilities.
Candidates must have the experience:
- Experience in operating the above listed equipment within an open cut mining environment is essential.
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Effective communication skills
- Safety focus with a high attention to detail to abide by site safety processes
What they can offer:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Numerous financial, lifestyle, health and well being benefits including salary sacrifice options, novated leasing, discounts and support programs
- An overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading edge business
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people
The new accommodation village will offer modern unsuited rooms with flat screen TV’s, Foxtel, internet and a quality meals service. Resort style facilities include a swimming pool, gymnasium, beach volleyball and basketball courts.
This is a permanent employment opportunity for an individual with passion and drive to contribute to the ongoing development of Downer EDI Mining. Please contact Victoria Ingram on 6212-9598 for further information.
How to apply
If you would like to be a part of this exciting new project and believe that you meet all the requirements please click to apply.Click Apply for Dump Truck Operators Downer EDI Mining – Pilbara WA
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about pays, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website