See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Dump Truck Operators – $35ph + Penalties & Allowances – Woden ACT
Workfast is searching for Dump Truck drivers Operators and Articulated Haul Truck drivers Operators in the Canberra ACT, just outside of city, to work on the Mugga Quarry Site. This work involves general driving a dump truck/haul truck or articulated moxy truck.
This role is casual with full-time hours and lots of ongoing work for the right candidates. Applicants should have at least 2 years experience on an dump truck/tipper truck and have a haul truck and articulated truck ticket or VOC. Long term work available.
- $35 per hour
- $18 travel per day
- Dump truck and moxy truck driving
- ASAP start
- Ongoing work
- Transporting materials from a Bowral mine site
- Haul truck and/or articulated haul truck ticket and VOC
- Articulated Haul Truck License (AH)
- Be available for full time hours
- Be able to pass a drug and alcohol test
- Drivers license
- White Card
- Mine experience desirable
- Must be reliable and fit the team well.
- Operating an articulated moxy or dump truck on a Bowral mine site
- General labouring and assistance where needed
- General mining and operation work
- Pre Start Checks
- Following directions from leading hand and supervisors
Workfast is a labour hire company working with some of Australia’s leading companies. They operate in all states of Australia and there employees work in all industries. When you join the team they make sure that you’re well looked after, paid well and that they follow all Australian Fairwork standards.
Licenses or certifications:
- Dump Truck / Articulated Haul License (Required)
- White Card (Required)
- Dump Truck / Articulated VOC (Required)
Would you like to apply?
If you are interested in applying for the Articulated/dump truck driving role in Woden ACT, please click the link to apply.For questions, contact Ben at 0447 199 489.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Dump Truck Operators Bowral mine Mugga Quarry Site Canberra
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about pays, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player