See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Experienced Haul Truck Operators
- The highest paying pit in the Hunter Valley
- All on boarding costs covered – Medicals & Inductions
- Secure, ongoing work and immediate start
What do we have on offer?
- 12.5 hour shifts ($46.89 p/h) OR 10 hour crib relief shifts ($45.78 p/h) OR 8 hour crib relief shift ($43.81 p/h)
- Plenty of overtime available ($51.52 p/h)
- Bonus payment every 6 months of continuous service
- 4 panel rotating roster (7 shifts a fortnight, day and night shifts, every second weekend off)
What do you need?
- Minimum 12 months experience on CAT 785 or Komatsu 830E or above
- Operating experience within the last 5 years on the above equipment
- Letters or certificates of competency to validate your experience
- Current Coal Board Medical or ability to pass a pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol test
- Live within the fatigue zone – 80km from Muswellbrook or be willing to relocate at your own expense
Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
Would you like to apply to this job?
Caterpillar Haul truck 785
The Caterpillar 785 Haul Truck, Dump Truck or off-road truck as they are called in the U.S. are still used across the world in open-cut mining operations. This huge truck has proven it’s worth for many years and has often been the entry-level truck for new operators.
Progressing when competent, operators move up to the larger CAT 793 and CAT 797 truck, giving them the confidence and ability to handle larger load capacities on a range of challenging mine sites.
One of the biggest advantages you can get if you are looking to learn how to drive these big machines is to get to know the finer details.
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website