Dump Truck Operator – Full Time
Mineral Resources (MRL) is a leading West Australian diversified mining, contracting, processing and commodities production company. Since its foundation in 1993, the company has grown through strategic business development, consolidation and acquisition. They are now an ASX 200 listed company with over 1300 employees. MRL has a portfolio of market leading brands, including, Crushing Services International (CSI), Process Minerals International (PMI), PIHA, Mineral Services, Polaris Metals and MESA Minerals.
What’s in it for you?
- Work directly for the mine owner
- Opportunity to work on Lithium project
- Stability in an ongoing permanent full time position
- Diverse and hands on work environment
- Small crews allow you opportunity to diversify machine exposure
- Prospect of future career development and qualification up-skilling
- FIFO from Perth, working 2:1 roster
Key requirements and responsibilities:
- Minimum 12 months experience in an open pit environment on CAT 785 or similar sized models within mining
- Nationally accredited statement of attainment for haul truck operations
- Current Australian HR License (Essential)
- Experience and tickets with other ancillary equipment would be highly desirable
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Safety focus with a high attention to detail to abide by site safety processes
- Versatile and to operate other mobile plant and assist in other areas of mining when required by your supervisor
Process Minerals International (PMI), a subsidiary of MRL, is a dynamic and rapidly expanding organisation which manages all facets of the processing, production, logistics, shipping, marketing and export of the resource. PMI is an expert in bringing new mines into production on behalf of tenement owners and has a significant portfolio of projects at various stages of development. PMI also acts as a service provider for the mining and provision of camp accommodation to MRL Group operations.
MRL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply for positions
Apply Now!Click for more details and Apply for Full time Dump Truck Operator Job
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.