See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Experienced Dump Truck Operator
Dump Truck Operator Bengalla Mining Muswellbrook NSW
WorkPac is seeking Experienced Dump Truck Operators for the client Bengalla Mining Company to work on their site local to the Muswellbrook area.
- Attractive hourly rate of $44.74
- 12.5 hour 4 Panel Roster rotating between day and night shifts
- Incentive payment for working all of your scheduled mid week shifts! Receive an extra $7 per hour on Night
- Shifts and $5 per hour on Day Shift on your weekend shifts.
To be successful you must:
- Have a minimum of 12 months experience operating Dump Trucks in a mining Environment
- Certificate of Competency for KOM 830E, Liebherr T282 or Hitachi 4500.
- Be able to provide a minimum of 2 work related supervisor references
- Have a flexible ‘can do’ attitude, as cultural fit to this site is very important to the client
- Operate in a safe and productive manner
- Be willing to undergo a Pre Employment Medical and D & A Testing
Dump Truck Operator Bengalla Mining Muswellbrook NSW
They have built an operating structure which sources and provides specialist expertise. There business includes both blue and white collar recruitment experts who are each focused on ensuring they deliver outstanding candidate sourcing, safety management and customer relations.
They utilize the skills of each group member to provide specialized solutions for the clients. Whether it be a large workforce deployment, national training program or planned maintenance services, the WorkPac Group provides superior outcomes for any project size.
NOTE: When you apply for this job Dump Truck Operator, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply button or for more information please contact WorkPac Office on 6571 8922
This is a residential role, no FIFO or camp facilities are available. Applicants must have accommodation in the Hunter Valley region for an application to be considered.
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about pays, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website