See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Fixed Term Mining Operators
Dump Truck Multi Skilled Excavator Operators Muswellbrook
One Key Resources, part of the Fircroft Group, is a specialist provider of Managed Workforce and Labour Hire solutions to the Mining, Oil & Gas and Infrastructure Industries. An employer of choice, One Key Resources employs Open Cut and Underground Operators, Tradespeople and Support Staff at close to 100 locations across Australia.
Seeking experienced Dump Truck, Multi Skilled and Excavator Operators to work with our client Thiess, on a Max Term Contracts which include Annual and Personal Leave entitlements for an Open Cut Coal Mine site in the Muswellbrook Area. They require skilled, experienced and safety minded individuals for ongoing opportunities.
Is this the best Job in Mining ever?
Working in the Mining Industry on a Monday to Friday roster!
Every weekend and Public Holiday off!
Rotating dayshifts & afternoon shifts (no night shifts)
Paid annual and personal leave entitlements
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Experience operating 996 digger or similar size
- Experience operating D10 Dozers or similar size
- Digger all loading techniques whilst operating trucks, maintain the bench etc.
- Dozer floor and dump experience
- 16M Grader experience haul roads dump and dig floors
- 777 water cart experience
- Willingness to pass a PEM and D&A test
In return they offer:
- Long-term work opportunities
- Max-Term full-time contracts
- Local Position – Be home after every shift
- 9-hour (Monday to Friday) shifts – rotating days & afternoon shifts
- Competitive hourly rates
- Paid annual and personal leave entitlements
These roles are residential only and no camp facilities are provided. Applicants must either reside in the Hunter Valley area or be prepared to relocate at their own expense.
Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
If you believe you would be well suited to the position please APPLY NOW by link below
Click Apply for Dump Truck, Multi Skilled and Excavator Operators Muswellbrook
One Key Resources is committed to workplace diversity and strongly encourages female and indigenous candidates to apply.
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much can a dump truck production operator earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$33.75 based on 24 salaries. You can see how this differs from the Indeed overview of $41.98.<.p>
A recently new Dump Truck Operator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total pay of AU$30.65 based on 73 salaries. A mid-experienced Dump Truck Driver with 5-9 years of proven operational work, can earn about AU$27.73 based on 34 salaries. An experienced Dump Truck Driver with 10-19+ years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$25.72 based on 14 salaries.
With so many different and conflicting reports, it's difficult to know what the pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin are of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get higher than average wages in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
Caterpillar Haul truck 777
The Caterpillar 777 is a 100-ton haul truck, typically used in open pit mining, manufactured by Caterpillar Inc. The first model of Caterpillar 777 was introduced in 1974. Its diesel engine is capable of putting out 870 horsepower. The 777D, introduced in 1996, was powered by a 938-horsepower diesel.
This truck is one of the entry-level haul trucks most new operators will learn on. Once competent, they will move up to the larger 785, especially when working on a coal mining site.