See more jobs in the CAT Dump Truck Jobs category.
Dump Truck Jobs Goldfields & Pilbra 4374
CAT 777 and Komatsu 785 Dump Truck Mining Operators Roles
If you need help making your resume stand out check out our ebook below!
MUST have mechanical dump truck experience on the below:
What you need:
To be successful in this role you must have and be able to demonstrate the following skills, qualifications and/or experience;
- Gold, Lithium or Iron Ore production mining experience
- Must be able to provide a National Police Clearance
- Valid Australian Drivers Licence (Minimum of HR)
- Australian Work Rights
- Minimum of 3 Years Mine Site Experience
- Ability to maintain fitness for work, pass a pre-employment medical & drug and alcohol testing.
- Strong understanding and adherence to OHS procedures and practices
What you get:
- $$$$ Competitive Pay Rates $$$$
- Weekly Pay
- Fast mobilization
- Work with a leading mining contractor
- Permanency after qualifying period for motivated and competent employees.
Trades & Labour Company is a Western Australia owned recruitment services company. They specialise in the provision of highly trained and technical trades personnel servicing mining and heavy industrial industries throughout Australia.
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much can a dump truck production operator earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$33.75 based on 24 salaries. You can see how this differs from the Indeed overview of $41.98.<.p>
A recently new Dump Truck Operator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total pay of AU$30.65 based on 73 salaries. A mid-experienced Dump Truck Driver with 5-9 years of proven operational work, can earn about AU$27.73 based on 34 salaries. An experienced Dump Truck Driver with 10-19+ years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$25.72 based on 14 salaries.
With so many different and conflicting reports, it's difficult to know what the pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin are of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get higher than average wages in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
Caterpillar Haul truck 777
The Caterpillar 777 is a 100-ton haul truck, typically used in open pit mining, manufactured by Caterpillar Inc. The first model of Caterpillar 777 was introduced in 1974. Its diesel engine is capable of putting out 870 horsepower. The 777D, introduced in 1996, was powered by a 938-horsepower diesel.
This truck is one of the entry-level haul trucks most new operators will learn on. Once competent, they will move up to the larger 785, especially when working on a coal mining site.