This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Production Operators Middlemount Coal Mine
Production Operator Mining Jobs – Haul Truck
- Middlemount Coal Mine
Middlemount mine is an open cut mine located 90 km north east of Emerald in Queensland’s Bowen Basin.
- Accommodation & Meals provided
- Attractive rate
- Buses provided – Emerald
- 7 & 7 roster (WEEKLY PAY)
- Middlemount Coal Mine
The GO2 People are currently searching to employ a number of HAUL TRUCK Operators to work with one of our clients who are a Tier 1 Mining contractor, with an excellent reputation. You will be working 12-12.5hr shifts at Middlemount, completing duties such as loading & transporting Coal.
The mine owners are searching for HAUL TRUCK Operators who are searching to stay long term & also have a great attitude and work ethic.
Positions we are searching to fill:
- Haul Truck operator positions
Applicants must have:
- Relevant RII competency
- Previous experience in operating heavy earth moving equipment, preferably within a mining environment
- Current drivers’ licence
- Current Queensland Coal Board Medical
- Standard 11 Induction Training Mining Induction
- The ability to pass a pre-employment medical & drug and alcohol screening
- Ability to travel to and from site
Benefits of the position:
- Steady/stable work
- Weekly pay & Superannuation paid on all hours worked
- PPE supplied
- Buses supplied from Emerald
- $48.00 + 15% nigh shift allowance
- Great site culture and high safety standards
- Flexible working roster – enables great work/life balance
If you are an experienced operator with a high regard for safety, excellent work ethic & attitude – APPLY NOW!
Feel free to email with further questions – Bridgetc@thego2people.com.au
APPLY TODAY on SEEK.com.au Dump Truck Jobs GO2 People – Middlemount, Yancoal
The GO2 People have built a reputation for an ability to provide quality project staffing solutions across a range of industry sectors and, as such have been involved in some of Australia’s largest projects in the construction, mining and resources sectors in recent years.
The team has been developed to ensure they take an innovative and proactive approach to securing the best talent in the market in a short period of time and, by doing so, providing the desired outcomes for both client and candidate.
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.