This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Production Operators Jobs Blackwater – Downer Group, QLD
Job Type Full Time – Permanent
01 Aug 2020
Dump truck Production Operators – Blackwater – Caterpillar or Komatsu dump trucks
Downer are have permanent opportunities for experienced Rear Dump Truck Operators, on a 7 on 7 off roster at Blackwater Mine.
Reporting to the Production Superintendent, You will work well in a team and have a positive attitude with a good understanding towards Safety, as this is one of Downer’s core pillars.
Experience operating electric mobile mining equipment including Caterpillar or Komatsu trucks
Production and safety oriented with a focus on achieving results for both yourself and for the company
High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
Highly motivated and reliable
Able to work well in a team
Wanting a career within a great organisation
WHAT WE OFFER
- Permanent positions
- BIBO from Rockhampton
- Salary Sacrifice options
- Camp accommodation (including meals) or an attractive accommodation allowance
- Roster 7 on 7 off
- 12.5 hours shifts; 6:00 to 18:30 (Day & Night continuous)
- Weekly pay
- Numerous financial, lifestyle, health & well being benefits including salary sacrifice options
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
Please note that all applications must be completed online and applications emailed directly will not be accepted.
For further information or a confidential discussion, please email Taylah Williams on email@example.com
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player