Dump Truck Driving Jobs Coppabella, Queensland
New Dump Truck Driving Jobs Coppabella coal mine, driving CAT 789/793 Dump Trucks. Regional Queensland Mackay & Coalfields.
Apply Here – Dump truck Driving Jobs Coppabella CAT Haul Trucks
- Immediate Start
- BIBO available from Mackay
- 7/7 Roster supporting work/life balance
- Standard 11 essential
About the Role
WorkPac are currently seeking Dump Truck Operators to work with a well-known mining company near Coppabella, Bowen Basin (90 minutes drive from Mackay).
- Peabody is the mining company that has contracted WorkPac to deliver its workforce solutions. It has a 73 percent interest in an unincorporated joint venture that owns the Coppabella and Moorvale mines. (check for Moorvale mining jobs in Google)
- Coppabella produces a premium, low-vol PCI, which is exported through the Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal to global seaborne demand centers.
- Coppabella has a strong culture of community engagement and corporate responsibility and provides ongoing support to community services, local emergency services, education, safety and environmental management.
- The town of Coppabella lies approximately 159 kilometres south-west of Mackay. Recognised for its large mining monument at the entrance of the town, Coppabella services the junction of two railway lines, one from Goonyella Mine and the other from Saraji Mine. (The Saraji Coal Mine (BMA) is a coal mine located near Dysart in the Central Queensland region of Australia. The mine has coal reserves amounting to 648 million tonnes of coking coal, one of the largest coal reserves in the world. The mine has an annual production capacity of 10 million tonnes of coal) The railway line would then continue on to the sea at Hay Point, Sarina.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operating CAT 789/793 Dump Trucks on a mine site
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping on equipment
- Communicating with other operators and assisting in traffic management
Skills and Experience
- At least 12 months experience operating CAT 789/793 Dump Trucks in coal mining
- Competencies and skills lists to outline the above experience
- A commitment to upholding excellence in safety
Note: This is a sample job advertised by WorkPac Group. For a more detailed overview of this job, click the link below to go the WorkPac Group website.
Reference: Dump Truck Driving Jobs Coppabella. CAT 789/793 Dump Trucks. Mackay & Coalfields. WorkPac Group. BIBO Mining Jobs. Haul Truck. 12 months experience min.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen. The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Standard 11 Mining Induction