Book Your Course Spot Here
Limited Seats Available – Don’t Miss Out
This dump truck course is such great value?
- It's the Nationally Recognised RIIMPO338D - Conduct Rigid Haul Truck Operations qualification - recognised on every mine and quarry in Australia.
- Learn on big MINE-sized dump trucks like the Caterpillar 773's, CAT 769 and Komatsu, just like the ones you'll be driving when you do onsite.
- Discover the truck interior and the functions of every piece of equipment.
- Operate the dump truck alongside other mining machinery, giving you a more realistic experience.
- Drive the machine empty as well as fully loaded.
- Practice reversing up to an excavator and prepare to be loaded.
- Become proficient at carrying out correct dumping techniques.
- Learn advanced emergency braking techniques to show employers you can handle their multi-million dollar trucks.
- Learn industry standard RADIO commands to keep you in contact with other machinery working nearby.
- Be compliant and CONFORM to Mining and Quarrying Act guidelines at all times.
- You be shown HOW to find dump truck jobs after your training is complete.
- Completion of this dump truck course means you'll have the confidence to operate large mining trucks safely.
RIIMPO338D - Conduct Rigid Haul Truck Operations
This dump truck course is for you
- This type of course is exactly what you need to do to get the essential experience and confidence operating big mining trucks.
- Your trainers are seasoned dump truck drivers with experience and knowledge you can tap into.
- This dump truck course is held on a site operating under the Mining and Quarrying Act and most of the time you will be driving close to other mining machinery; this is amazing experience.
Are all dump trucks the same?
There are many different sizes, makes and models of dump truck operating on mine sites across Australia, although they all function relatively the same. The most common dump trucks in Australia are Caterpillar (CAT), Komatsu, Hitachi. Most are diesel powered and the more recent diesel/electric/hybrid trucks, however, their basic operation remains the same.
The most important aspect of driving these massive trucks is being able to be always aware of other road, plant and machinery operators working close by.
One of the most common accidents we see on a mine site are collisions with other vehicles. This is covered in great detail in your course because your safety and the safety of other workers remains the number one priority.
More reasons to complete this dump truck course
- Mining jobs are on the rise across Australia (we can show you where to find them and how to apply).
- Online jobs boards like SEEK and Indeed are full of dump truck operator jobs.
- This haul truck qualification means you can also drive dump trucks on civil construction sites as well as in a quarry.
- This is a carefully designed, intensive course gives you maximum time behind the wheel.
- Enjoy high-level instruction on safe driving, haul truck inspection, theory and operation.
- Practice on a huge site, complete with challenging terrain and other plant and equipment operating nearby.
- The Nationally Recognised unit of competency RIIMPO338D - Conduct Haul Truck Operations mean you can work anywhere in Australia.
This dump truck training course is held close to Brisbane.
This course is Nationally Recognised
RIIMPO338D - Conduct Rigid Haul Truck Operations
Course Fees and Duration
The dump truck course can be run over 2 - 5 days, depending on your previous experience. Some people can get through the course quicker, however this will be at the instructors discretion.
Full fee: If you're looking to do a dump truck training course close to Brisbane, apply now for pricing deals
Not ready to do it yet? Download the training materials.
Includes 3 BONUS Caterpillar Dump Truck manuals
You'll get the course brochure which contains every detail about the dump truck course. You'll get 2 official Caterpillar operator manuals for the entry-level 773 and 773F - plus the maintenance manual. Additional truck manuals will be added as our training fleet expands. No other training provider will give you these unless you do the training - and even then, you might not get anything like this. We're giving them away for free - get your copies today.
This collection of operator and maintenance manuals are the first step in learning about how these machines work. This knowledge will make completing the training course so much easier.
Combine your training - become multi-skilled.
Most of the jobs we see are for operators who can go on site ASAP, so when you've done the dump truck course, it pays to do the Standard 11 safety course.
Become a proficient, skilled and well-prepared operator and be ready to step onto a mine site.
|Dump Truck||Min 3 days|
|Dump Truck & Standard 11||Min 4-5 days|
Dump truck jobs
It's no use completing the training unless you can find out where the jobs are. iMINCO are experts at finding the latest jobs in your area and maintains a list of dump truck operator jobs | dump truck jobs in QLD, NSW and WA.
Take the time to look through the dump truck jobs and see for yourself where the jobs are and what you'll be expected to do.
iMINCO can send you the latest dump truck jobs daily to help you learn about the industry and the types of machinery you'll be expected to drive. We also offer tips and help with creating the best resume to get you a job.