Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Drivers Plant Operators Diesel Fitters
Hillery Group is a Bowen Based Civil Construction and Quarrying Company operating throughout the Whitsunday region.
Currently seeking personnel to join growing team in the following positions:
- Final Trim Grader Operators
- MC &/or HC Truck Drivers
- Diesel Fitters with Heavy Machinery experience
- Loader & Excavator Operators with Quarry experience
Successful applicants will have the following:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the civil or quarry industry
- High regard for safety Commitment to daily equipment maintenance
- Ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment
- Strong work ethic
Drivers Plant Operators Diesel Fitters Bowen Basin
Pre-employment drug & alcohol testing will be required…
Based in Bowen in the Whitsundays, Queensland, Hillery Group is a leading provider of quarry materials and offer a complete on-site mine, civil earth moving and plant hire service to regional and remote developments across North Queensland.
Recognized for expertise in all areas of quarrying, processing and delivery of natural resource material, they also own and operate a collection of quarries in Bowen, Collinsville and Abbot Point. Successfully executing major infrastructure and resource projects from mine development to highway supply and construction.
Forward all resumes and supporting information to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org Or hand deliver to
- 167 Richmond Road, Bowen
- Ph: (07) 4786 …
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
Click Apply for Drivers Plant Operators Diesel Fitters Bowen Basin, QLD
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list