Entry Level Leasehands (Drilling) Toowoomba, Queensland
Here’s a great opportunity to get into drilling in Queensland – even is you have no experience.
Entry level position on the Well Servicing and Drilling Rigs
Easternwell is one of Australia’s leading Well servicing and Drilling Contractors, operating long term contracts with Australia’s largest resource owners. They’re looking for entry-level drillers labourers who aren’t afraid of hard work and can live in remote conditions whilst on site.
Drillers are the front line of new mining developments and can earn good money because of the extended time required on site and long working hours. This job is perfect for motivated and mechanically minded people, from a trades related background who have the ability to learn quickly and follow instructions.
These types of entry-level mining jobs are the best way to get into mining at the base level.
ABOUT THE ROLE OF LEASEHAND
- The Leasehand is the entry level position on the Well Servicing and Drilling Rigs. The role of Leasehand is a very labour intensive role, essentially responsible for general cleaning and duties associated with the rig facilities, as well as any other manual task, as per the direction of the rig crew.
- Conditions include: 2 week on, 2 week off Roster
- Point of hire is Toowoomba only (you are required to get your own way to Toowoomba, where Easternwell will transport you to site)
- Live and work in harsh, remote conditions (live in onsite camp)
- Ongoing training opportunities and requirements
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
To be considered suitable for this role, Easternwell require as a minimum:
- Min 12 months FIFO or DIDO labour intensive experience
- High level of physical fitness in order to meet the requirements of this labour intensive role
- A manual, open drivers licence (Car or Higher)
- A trades or labouring background
- A high level of mechanical aptitude
- Experience working outdoors, in harsh conditions
- Experience working away from home for long periods of time
- The ability to learn quickly and follow instructions
- A high regard to safety
- A willingness to complete a Certificate II in Oil and Gas Well servicing
- Oil Field experience is not essential but will be highly regarded
The company are looking to hire passionate and resilient people who are ready to begin a solid career in the Energy Industry.
Use the link below to go to SEEK where you can view and apply for the job.please submit your application online for review for upcoming opportunities.
See the job here on SEEK -> Entry level position on the Well Servicing and Drilling Rigs
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.