See more jobs in the Entry-Level Mining Jobs category.
Driller Offsider Jobs Perth (No-experience)
Entry-Level Mining Operator Jobs in Perth Available
DrillStaff are searching to hire entry-level driller offsiders for work in Perth. This position DOES NOT require any previous experience in the mining sector, so if you’re searching to break into a mining career – be sure to send your resume over!
If you want help making your resume stand out from the rest, download our Resume Tips eBook!
About Driller Offsider Jobs Perth (No-experience):
- Drillers offsider is an entry level position into the drilling industry, as such it pays accordingly.
- The job is very demanding and requires a high level of fitness both physically and mentally.
- The first 6 to 8 weeks of the job are generally the toughest, not to different from a pre-season of sport, it will always take you a while to acclimatise.
- You will be out of bed in the early hours of the morning having breakfast and preparing for your 12 hours shift.
- Working in tough conditions hot, humid, dusty and for 12 hours per shift.
- Will be expected to work shift work meaning you will be working night-shift half of the time.
- You must be able to take instructions from your driller and supervisor.
- Need to be able to work as a team.
- Might be the bottom of the food chain however your contribution is important to ensure the operation runs smoothly. This means you must be reliable.
- It pays to have a mechanical aptitude in this industry although you will receive on the job training. Good drillers generally can fault find and repair their own equipment.
- Mental fitness is just as important as the physical fitness. You are working away from home for an extended period.
The goal is to make the transition from offsider to driller. Some have progressed quickly 6-8 months and others may take a little longer, 12- 18 months. The pay rate will increase significantly with drillers earning anywhere from $100.000 per year to over $200.000 per year).
WHAT THE DRILLING INDUSTRY CAN GIVE YOU:
- A skill that is recognised throughout the world (qualifications in Drilling operations)
- Financial security (if you are smart)
- Opportunities to travel not just domestically. Good drillers are in demand all over the world.
- Great mateship… most guys who have been in the industry for a period make great friends for life. (you don’t just work with these people you also live with them when on site).
- A good work/life balance
- Skills and experience
WHAT MAKES A GOOD OFFSIDER:
- Has a Manual Driver licence
- Holds a current First aid certificate
- Has a Police clearance no more than 3 months old.
- Can take instructions
- has a good hard work ethic
- is reliable
- have a good level of fitness
About the business:
DrillStaff is a WA Drilling recruitment business that has been operating since 2014. They specialise in the recruitment of Drillers and Off-siders into the hard rock mining sector and employ personnel on behalf of several major Drilling organisations in WA.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.