If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Entry-Level Mining Jobs category.
Driller Offsider Jobs Dubbo NSW
Entry-Level Mining Driller Roles (No-Experience Mine Jobs)
Aston Advantage are searching for some of Australia’s largest mineral drilling contractors, providing high quality, high value, underground, surface and geotechnical drilling services globally.
If you’re wanting to get a start in mining and develop a well-paying career, be sure to send over a resume!
Their clients are market leaders in the development of innovative rig designs and drilling practices that deliver improved productivity, value, safety and versatility. They are seeking a number of Driller’s Offsiders to join the team and help continue their success.
DIDO role from Dubbo – 12 hour days/nights.
To be considered for this mining position, you must:
- Attend a physical suitability assessment
- Be Physically fit and healthy
- Have good grip strength
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screen
- Hold a current Australian manual driver’s licence (preferable a HR)
- Hold or able to obtain a National Police Clearance. Applications containing a National Police Check will be given priority
- Be able to work 12 hour shifts under ground
- Have full working rights for Australia
As a trainee offsider, you will support an experienced driller. Duties will include:
- Acting on the instructions from the driller
- Pulling rods: loading and unloading drill rods out of feed mechanism in the drill rig
- Performing pre-starts on all equipment
- Cleaning and loading the core
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times
- Maintaining the drill rig
- Relocating drill rig when necessary
- Digging drains
The benefits of this entry-level mining job include:
- Full training to join the underground, surface and geotechincal mining sector’s
- 1:1 roster or Local geotech work around Sydney
- Career pathways to become a qualified driller
- Permanent employment after 6 months for the right person
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.