See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Driller Mining Jobs Mackay & Coalfields
FIFO Brisbane or DIDO Mackay, 14/7 Roster
Mitchell Services are searching for qualified drillers to undertake a HQ/PQ drilling program in the Bowen Basin, QLD. If you possess the listed requirements as well as your Supervisor S123 Qualifications, be sure to send over a resume!
Driller Mining Jobs Mackay & Coalfields benefits:
- Full-time Permanent Roles with annual wages
- Travel Costs (Flights) from any major city provided
- Meals completely provided
- Fully funded drilling certifications and on the job training
- Online training packages
- Incentives to monthly award winners
- Employee assistance program for employees and their families
- Bonuses paid for employee referrals
- Travel discounts
- Career pathways
- Fully reimbursed prescription safety glasses
- Employee Christmas gifts and functions
Requirements for this mining job:
- Have experience in Diamond Coring (Coal)
- Must have experience in Mud Rotary (Coal)
- Must have experience in HQ/PQ drilling techniques
- Able to drill 5 1/2 inch chip
- Experience on UDR 880 Rigs or similar
- HR licence mandatory (above desirable)
- Certificate III Drilling in Operations
- Surface Standard 11 Induction Training (preferred)
- Supervisor S123 Qualification
- Carry out the risk management process (G2) (preferred)
- A current Provide First Aid / CPR (preferred)
- A good level of physical fitness is an inherent requirement
- The ability to pass a functional assessment
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical
- The ability to pass drug & alcohol screening
About the mining company:
Mitchell Services (MSV) is a leading provider of drilling services to the global exploration, mining and energy industries. They offer permanent roles at key client sites in the Bowen Basin area, they offer well-maintained equipment, and the opportunity to join a great team with a fantastic culture.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Click Here to download our Expert Guide Becoming a Dump Truck Driver
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.