If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Entry-Level Mining Jobs category.
Driller Labourer Jobs (Entry-level)
No-experience mining positions for people wanting to start work in mining
Itch are recruiting drilling labourers (no mining experience required) for full-time work in Perth. If you want to start building a career in the mining industry be sure to send over a resume ASAP!
- $34.50ph + metre bonus + paid drilling certs
- FIFO 4/2 – RIO/FMG & BHP Sites (only the best for our contractors)
- Mid-June start after PAID training
About this mining job:
You must have an HR licence, be a resident of WA and have 12 months of recent hard labour experience to be considered. If not, you will get a rejection letter from us and no one likes being on the receiving end of bad news (and they don’t like to be the giver of bad new either).. so let’s just avoid the awkwardness of it all and don’t read any further if you don’t have all three of those things right now.
Details about this entry-level mining role:
Let’s cut the bull for a second, Itch are the leading recruitment suppliers to the Drilling industry in Australia, which is why only 3 out of every 100 applicants make it through our tough processes. Our processes are tough and deliberate as they only work with top tier drilling contractors on a permanent basis. These are not long term casual jobs which is why our clients will match your level of effort and commitment!
They need Driller’s Offsiders/Labourers, to work 4/2 swings, starting as soon as you’re through testing and induction.
This is a stable and respected player in the drilling game who only work with the big names in WA mining. Working on mine sites for Rio/BHP and FMG sites in WA, means excellent site amenities and a priority on searching out for the safety and well-being of their staff.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
First things first, it is absolutely key that you are in a labour intensive position at the moment as these jobs aren’t for the faint hearted! You will be lifting 30kg drill rods all day. They need to know your body is already used to this type of work to lower your risk of injuring yourself.
They need driven and enthusiastic people to join the team, starting immediately! You will also need the following to even be considered (if you don’t have them, unfortunately they just can’t help you):
- An HR licence
- A National Police Clearance (Or know you will pass one without any nasty surprises for us)
- The ability to pass a pre-employment medical (including fitness testing) and pass an alcohol and drug test
- You must be a resident of WA – this is not negotiable (for insurance reasons). If you are planning on moving here, get in touch with us when you do (but they can’t guarantee a job).
- The ability to pass our own fitness test. Not sure if you can? They will find out during the interview in our fitness room!