You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Driller Jobs in Mining
- DIDO to Central Bowen Basin
- $47ph Flat Rate
- 5:2 Rotating Roster
- Ongoing work 12months
WorkPac need experienced Drillers required to work in Middlemount, in the Bowen Basin. Applicants must have previous work experience on D90K drill rigs or similar. This role is working a 5 & 2 rotating roster with meals and accommodation supplied.
What WorkPac need from you:
- Previous drilling experience – D90K preferred
- Must reside within 200km of Bowen Basin
- Standard 11 Induction Training
- Coal Board Medical
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Provide a clear drug and alcohol test
- Recent resume outlining recent Drilling experience
- Relevant skill competencies preferred
An absolute commitment to working safely, complying with all site safety standards and ensuring a safe and environmentally healthy workplace is essential. It is imperative that you possess the ability and aptitude to maintain high standards of safety, equipment serviceability, housekeeping and compliance with mine working procedures.
WorkPac advises that it is essential your resume is well written and formatted correctly because the resume scanning software could block this job application if the correct keywords are not contained inside. Upon successful acceptance of your application, successful applicants are required to undertake a phone or face-to-face interview, therefore it is essential that you have prepared prepared thoroughly or the interview using these tips provided in the free interview guide.
If this role sounds like something you would excel at, and would like to access Australia’s best employers for a rewarding career then apply now.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list