You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Driller Jobs Bowen Basin
WorkPac are trying to find skilled Drillers for an open cut coal mine in the Lower Bowen Basin.Apply Here for Driller Jobs Bowen Basin
An opportunity exists for Experienced Drillers. This position is an immediate start for an ongoing role in an open cut coal mine which is ramping up production.
Located in the Banana Shire, situated only 2 hours South West from Rockhampton and 7 hours North West from Brisbane.
• 7/7 Roster
• Camp and Meals Provided OR Rental Subsidy Moura Rentals
• DIDO Role
• Ongoing Role for Immediate Start
• Super paid on all hours worked
• Current Standard 11 Induction Training or willing to obtain
• Current Coal Board Medical or willing to obtain
• Current Driver Licence
• A willingness to work rotating roster
• Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
• Sound Work History
Why work for WorkPac :
Looking after our employees is important to us. Our WorkPlus Employee Benefits program offers benefits across health, private insurance, financial services, travel and more.
We have a team of dedicated recruiters, most of which have in field knowledge of the industry, who make continuous contact to ensure you are happy with not only WorkPac’s service but our clients. We are committed to ensuring you are happy and safe, you are our most valuable asset!
WorkPac have over 45 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia with us. As WorkPac has such a large footprint, we know our local areas and are always helping our local community.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list