If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Drillers and Driller Assistants – QLD Coal
Boart Longyear is the world’s leading provider of integrated drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies globally. The range of highly productive drill rigs and performance tooling is suited to a variety of applications including, mineral exploration, mining, energy, environmental sampling and remediation, as well as infrastructure reinforcement and development.
The successful candidates will ideally have a current BMA Core Induction, and have experience working on BMA/ BHP Coal sites, however this is not essential.
They are seeking professionals who are focused on delivering a quality service to there clients in a safe and productive manner. By joining there team, you will receive competitive shift rates with a bonus scheme. These positions are based around a 7/7 FIFO roster. Employees are flown from Brisbane to site with flights, meals and camp accommodation supplied. This is a full-time, permanent role with leave benefits.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Operate ancillary equipment including backhoe, lighting towers and onsite trucks
- Assist to set up/dismantle/move drill rigs and equipment
- Assisting with loading and unloading heavy vehicles
- Ensure site safety and follow Safe Work Instructions
- Add/remove drill rods/augers and other down hole tools
- Conduct and complete necessary safety paperwork and processes
- Clean drill rigs, vehicles, equipment and tools
- Assist with daily pre-start check functions
- Assist in routine maintenance on drill rigs, equipment, vehicles and tools
- Assist with mixing drilling mud’s/fluids/chemicals/cement as required
- Maintaining adequate water supply
- Maintaining the drill site, drill rig, work area, lunch room, vehicles and equipment in a clean hazard free condition
- Perform first aid where required
Skills and experience
- HR Drivers License (essential)
- Current First Aid & CPR or willing to obtain
- Minimum 1 year off-siding in coal (preferred for Driller Assistants)
- Ability to provide a satisfactory National Police Clearance
- Certificate II/ III in Drilling Operations (highly regarded, essential for Drilling applicants)
- Previous experience in the Drilling industry
- Demonstrated personal commitment to working safely
- Team focused
Job benefits and perks
- Competitive shift rates, bonus eligibility, annual/sick/personal leave entitlements
- Flights (from Brisbane), site accommodation with gym, and all meals provided
- Working for one of the world’s leading providers of drilling products and services in their extensive QLD operations
- Excellent ongoing training and developmental opportunities
Please ensure you have acknowledged all relevant experience, tickets and licenses required in your application. If you are successful to the next stage you must be able to provide two current referees and pass a pre-employment medical.
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingClick Apply for Driller Assistants QLD Coal Mining Job Moranbah